Did COP15 Deliver a Paris Moment for Biodiversity? What’s Next for Companies?
Date/Time: January 19, 2023 (12-1PM ET / 9-10AM PT)
Join us for a conversation on COP15 to discuss what biodiversity negotiators achieved in Montreal and which solutions are urgently needed to help halt and reverse biodiversity loss.
According to the UN Environment Programme, climate change is among the top five causes of biodiversity loss, alongside changes in land and sea use, pollution, resource extraction and the spread of invasive species. As such, we will explore how the biodiversity and climate crises reinforce each other and how their interconnection must inform the solutions we can advance to address them together.
In this webinar, biodiversity experts from academia and business will reflect on COP15’s outcomes and discuss:
- How companies can support global biodiversity goals
- What we can learn from climate action to replicate and improve for nature
- How companies can set measurable targets for nature, and assess and report their progress
- Theresa Lieb, Senior Analyst, Food Systems, GreenBiz Group
- Varsha Vijay, Ph.D., Technical Director, Science Based Targets Network (SBTN)
- Alexander K. Killion, Ph.D., Managing Director, Center for Biodiversity and Global Change, Yale University
- Madeline Hodge, Biodiversity Programme Lead, Ørsted
If you can’t tune in live, please register and we will email you a link to access the webcast recording and resources, available to you on-demand after the live webcast.