The latest weather forecast warned that rounds of storms would continue to unload this week in Ohio Valleys, Western Texas, Tennessee, and parts of the South.
The ice storm unleashed freezing rain in the affected areas, causing significant travel concerns and slower commuters.
People thinking to travel this week should consider the weather conditions.
Sleet and freezing rain
(Photo : by SETH HERALD/AFP via Getty Images)
Ice storm in Memphis, Tennessee, January 31, 2023
According to AccuWeather’s latest forecast for February 1, the storm caused a swath of ice in Ohio Valleys, Tennessee and the Rio Grande.
On Wednesday, rounds of rain and icy mix were unloaded in San Antonio, Dallas, Little Rock, Nashville and Charlotte.
In AccuWeather’s outlook, the ice storm would dump rounds of freezing rain, power outages, tree damage and possible road closures.
The ice storm is forecast to unfold in Odessa, Dallas, Lubbock, Oklahoma City, Memphis and Charleston.
A wet weather condition with possible thunderstorms is expected in Dallas, Corpus Christi, Houston, New Orleans, Atlanta, Memphis, Johnson City, Richmond, Greenville, and Tallahassee.
Freezing rain could raise cold-related health concerns, especially for older adults. It is advisable to avoid or limit prolonged exposure to colder weather.
There is also a chance that the ice storm would unleash in San Antonio, Dallas, Nashville and Louisville this week.
The rainy conditions are forecast to stretch to portions of Southeastern Texas and Carolinas this week.
Moreover, Fox Weather reported that the ice storm caused dangerous to deadly driving conditions in Arkansas and Southeastern Oklahoma.
Fox Weather added that the National Weather Service issued a winter storm advisory in Texas due to severe weather conditions.
Did you know?
- According to Texas State Historical Association (TSHA), hurricanes are considered powerful and devastating that also hit Texas. The report said that Galveston Hurricane in 1990 is one of the most unforgettable and catastrophic hurricanes in the United States.
- The report said that the powerful hurricane resulted in widespread damage, reaching about $40 million in property loss.
- About 6,000 to 8,000 were the said casualties from the devasting storm.
Safety tips during freezing weather and rain
The ice storm, with freezing rain and sleet, would be challenging for many motorists and commuters this week, raising safety concerns on main roads.
Road accidents would emerge due to problematic weather. It is best to stay updated with the weather before leaving.
Here are important safety tips during severe weather events.
- Car owners should ensure that vehicles are well-conditioned before traveling.
- Cars should have emergency kits in case you become stranded in the middle of the road. The emergency kit must have a flashlight, power bank, battery-powered radio, bottled water, blanket, snow shovel and extra mobile phone.
- Travelers or commuters must anticipate the weather conditions to avoid the inconvenience of being stranded and delays.
- Motorists should drive slowly. Untreated pavements or roads can be prone to accidents. Wet and slippery roads would be challenging for many.
- It is best to stay inside your vehicle if there is a blizzard or winter storm.
Related Article: Gusty Thunderstorms, Another Storm to Hit Southern California
For more similar, don’t forget to follow Nature World News.
© 2023 NatureWorldNews.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.